How can cupping can benefit overall body health:
- Unlocks tight muscles
- Releases stagnant lymph
- Removes toxins
Do you ever feel you are all bottled up from the chest up to the neck? Cupping is a traditional, time-honored treatment favored by millions worldwide because it is safe, comfortable, and remarkably effective for many disorders. When cups are applied to the skin, suction is created that increases the flow of blood and chi to an area of blockage or injury.
Don’t want those round skin marks?
Not to worry—these don’t occur when cups are gently moved during therapy. This gentle pulling action engages the parasympathetic nervous system, thus allowing a deep relaxation to move through the entire body. It is not unusual to fall asleep when receiving this treatment. People are often surprised at how relaxed, warm, and light they feel for hours—sometimes days—afterwards.
Body Cupping Therapy causes tissues to release toxins, stimulates the movement of the lymph and circulatory systems, clears colon blockages, reduces stretch marks and varicose veins, eases chronic pain, and relaxes stiff muscles and tendons. On a deeper therapeutic level, cupping can resolve asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, anxiety, fatigue, and headaches—just to name a few. It helps open the chest and clear the lungs, thus improving respiratory problems. The most dramatic effects can be upon the skin and the blood flow in the arteries and veins, resulting in detoxification.
The facial cups are smaller in size and are used to vacuum and lift the facial tissue, increasing lymph drainage. Facial cupping also increases the circulation and absorption of the nutrients in facial products used in the treatment. The drainage of stagnant areas in the face can reduce edema and chronic puffiness under the eyes.
How cupping can be used
1) Along with massage, cups can be applied on the back to open up the fascia and release the muscles. Ten minutes of cupping can produce great results. Warm rocks can be used beforehand to warm cold tissue.
2) For detoxification, a whole-body cupping treatment can be combined with aromatherapy essential oils or a seaweed wrap.
3) Large, stationary magnet cups can be applied over the entire back for major detoxifying effects.
4) Cupping can be used on scars to break up scar tissue and stagnation.
5) Cups can be applied in conjunction with a foot-reflexology treatment and massage.
6) Can be used on sports injuries to bring blood flow to the affected area.
Michael Phelps and other Olympians helped propel cupping into public awareness. The chemicals used in the pools these swimmers train and compete in for many hours daily are highly toxic. Cupping draws these toxins out of the body, which would otherwise lead to stagnation, blood poisoning, pain, and dysfunction. Many athletes rely on cupping on a regular basis to detoxify and enhance their performance.